Recently I wrote about murder mystery short stories. It got me to thinking it would be great to publish a multi-author murder mystery short stories anthology.
Hence the call for submissions from any of you indie authors who are interested.
Sorry, Submissions Now Closed
It needs to be longer than these six words: “For sale, baby shoes, never worn.”
Submissions Deadline May 1, 2019
Goodreads Event RSVP Deadline March 31, 2019
I have now listed an event on Goodreads calling for submissions. Once you read the requirements below, please click the Goodreads event link and confirm there you are willing to submit your short stories.
- I’m seeking a minimum of five or six authors (maximum 9, besides me) with about three or more short stories each running about 1k – 3k words per story
- All stories must fit the ‘murder mystery’ theme
- Please no excessive or graphic violence or sex scenes
- Try to make the stories on a similar theme. For example, mine all use the ‘7 roses’ line of dialogue
- The theme need not be a line of dialogue. It might be winter, snow, beach or whatever the author thinks of as a linking theme. For example, all the murders could take place in a hotel or at Christmas. I think you have the idea.
- All contributing authors would be credited in the Amazon ‘by’ section with links to their Amazon Author Pages
- Any royalties payments due (screenshot every month) would be divided equally among the final number of contributing authors
- All authors retain copyright
- Publication rights are vested in me for 12 calendar months from the first date of publication. After that, each and every author is free to publish their own work wherever they choose
- The initial Kindle cover image costs will be met by me, Stephen Bentley
- The cost of editing will be shared equally
- I will bear the cost of formatting the ebook professionally
- Initially, the book will be released as Kindle only, through my KDP Dashboard, and enrolled in Kindle Select
- If, at some stage, there is an overall consensus the book should be published as a paperback, all authors would contribute an equal share to producing a paperback cover
- The mechanics of obtaining an ISBN, and the POD platform (Ingram or KDP) to be agreed upon before any paperback launch
Now you have read the requirements below, please click the Goodreads event link and confirm there you are willing to submit your short stories.
The slots are rapidly filling. After you go to the Goodreads event to register your interest, please then go to this Facebook group and join. Its purpose is to facilitate the administration of this project.
Please note there will probably be a reserve list to be used in the event any author fails to submit their stories by the strict deadlines.